School Nurse Karen Thompson
Hi, I am Nurse Karen, I had been a nurse since 1985 with the Cincinnati Health Department as a Public Health Nurse. I have been with the Cincinnati Public Schools for 13 years. I love helping the children and their families.
Please remember to turn in all of your health forms.
- Is my child too sick for school — Guidelines for parents
- Asthma Information
- Pertussis Fact Sheet
Who should get vaccinated?
Everyone who is at least 6 months of age should get a flu vaccine this season. It’s especially important for some people to get vaccinated. Those people include the following:
- People who are at high risk of developing serious complications like pneumonia if they get sick with the flu. This includes:
- People who have certain medical conditions including asthma, diabetes, and chronic lung disease.
- Pregnant women.
- People 65 years and older
- People who live with or care for others who are high risk of developing serious complications. This includes household contacts and caregivers of people with certain medical conditions including asthma, diabetes, and chronic lung disease.
Bed Bug and Head Lice Information
Vision & Dental Info
Once a month the students (about 8) can be seen by the eye doctor at the Oyler Vision Center. They are currently accepting Caresource, Molina and Medicaid. A van picks up the student, transports them to Oyler then they return to school. If glasses are needed they are delivered to the school in about 2-3 weeks. Our next scheduled appointment is March 11th. If you are interested in having your child's eyes examined please complete the form and return it to the school nurse.
Once a month students (about 8-12) can be seen by the dentist at the Price Hill Health Center. These appointments are for children who do not receive yearly dental care. Priority is given to students with obvious decay but many students are seen for checkups, sealants and cleanings. A van picks up the student, transports them to the Price Hill Health Center then they return to school. They see all children even without health insurance coverage. Our next scheduled visit is March 6th. If you are interested in having your child seen by the Price Hill Clinic dentist please complete the form and return it to the school nurse.